Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 20 – March 26, 2023):
Well let me tell you all about last week… On Monday, I went with a girlfriend to the Steel Chef Challenge, an annual event in NH to raise money for the Food Bank. We had VIP tickets, which allowed us to exclusive small dishes and an open bar (with a signature drink!). There we met the celebrity host, Andrew Zimmern. Following the reception, there was a seated meal and a local chef challenge. The evening was a lot of fun and raised money for an important cause.
Tuesday was one of my best friend’s birthday. She turned 50, and the neighborhood families all went out for pizza and dessert. Wednesday I had a catered lunch meeting for work. Thursday was actually pretty quiet.
On Friday, two friends and I took the birthday girl on an overnight getaway in NH. The four of us stayed in a cozy cabin with a wood burning stove. First we went out for dinner and a drink, then back to the cabin for games and dessert. We woke Saturday and had fruit and mimosas in our PJs. Then we went to this amazing place called the Soaking Pot, where we literally soaked our feet for an hour in a calm, comfy atmosphere. I enjoyed an invigorating soak of cooling peppermint, hydrating coconut milk, and cleansing tea tree oil. It also had a mineral-rich blend of Epsom salt and Dead Sea salt to help improve circulation and relax tired muscles. IT WAS HEAVEN!! We had tea and macarons. That was followed by an amazing brunch.
Finally Saturday evening I attended a fundraising gala with another dear friend. Her daughter was one of the dancers who performed. First we went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, but I was still so full, I could only manage a harvest salad (which was amazing!). We enjoyed a cocktail and then watched the show.
Thank goodness, Sunday was uneventful, and I was able to relax and get some chores done.
Weight: I was up 1.4 pounds last week. With all that eating and drinking – is it any surprise??
Goals: Well, I still exercised and made those goals. However, the eating and drinking were way over the top. But I had a lot of fun! I didn’t do the breathing mediation. I’m going to get rid of that goal in April, and instead, I’ll working on better stretching. More about that next week.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for March:
- Use the breathe mediation app on my watch daily. – 0/7 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+5,355 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3 days (8 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.