Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (April 3 – April 9, 2023):
My week started with a deep tissue massage. As I’ve mentioned in the past, I have issues with tightness and knots. This massage was a workout – I was sore for a couple days, but it definitely helped work out some of the “hot spots.” My son had a 5-day weekend off from school for the Easter holiday and came home. It was great having him around. He studied a lot and got to see friends who were also home.
My daughter (my baby) turned 17 this past Saturday. We celebrated by going out with family to hibachi on Thursday (she had to work Friday and Saturday). I had dinner out with friends on Saturday. On Sunday we went to my husband’s cousin’s home and celebrated Easter. We hadn’t seen them since Thanksgiving, and it was a lot of fun. Of course, all of these events centered around food and I overate.
Weight: I was up 1.4 pounds again last week. That’s a total of 4.2 pounds in three weeks. I’ve gained 10 pounds in the past 10 months.
Goals: I am enjoying the new stretching goal. It forces me to slow down and take care of my body. I’ve already noticed an improvement in the tightness of my leg muscles. I continue to get in my exercise, but I also continue to overeat.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for April:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 0/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+3,969 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3 days (4 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.