Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (March 27 – April 2, 2023):
After all the fun a couple weeks ago, last week was more on routine. I did go into the office two days, but brought a lunch and didn’t snack too badly. The extra calories mostly came from snacking at home. Easter candy and Girl Scout cookies. I did go out twice to celebrate two birthdays, as well.
Weight: I was up 1.4 pounds again last week. I know I’m overeating, but it doesn’t seem like it’s that outrageous yet it all adds up. My body no longer metabolizes food like it did even three years ago. And I’m slower on my walks, etc. I am the largest I’ve been in years and I don’t like it, but I also don’t (yet) have the motivation to work harder on it.
Goals: Starting in April, I am moving from my breathing meditation to a focus on stretching for two reasons. First, I have incorporated the breathing into my day when it’s needed, and just doing it for the sake of doing it wasn’t helpful. Second, I have a history of leg issues, including tight calves and tendonitis in my achilles, and it’s getting bad again. Stretching daily, specifically after I walk, is crucial to keeping the soft tissue healthy.
Overall, I did well with my goals, other than caloric intake. It’s just reinforcing that the only way to lose/maintain weight is to eat less.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for April:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week (I started April 1 so only 2 days this week).– 2/2 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+2,142 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2 days (3 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.