Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 8 – May 14, 2023):
After moving my son home on Monday, I had a quiet day on Tuesday. Then Wednesday, I went to Boston with friends, out to dinner and then watched the musical of Beetlejuice. It was very fun. Thursday and Friday were quiet. Saturday, I was home alone, so I went out for drinks and dinner with neighbor girls, then we hung out and play games. Sunday was Mother’s Day. My kids and my neighbor’s kids (and dad) made an awesome breakfast for the moms (four of us). We ended up hanging out until 1:00PM. Then I cleaned up and my daughter and I went to my in-laws to celebrate with my husband’s family (my husband and son were both working). Lots of eating, but I also got in a walk every day.
Weight: I was down 1.0 pounds.
Goals: I had a good week for exercise, and I was back to stretching. I do love how much better my legs feel with the purposeful stretching. Eating was bad, as it has been.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for May:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+2,911 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 4 days (7 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.