Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
#FitReaders information page
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (May 15 – May 21, 2023):
While last week, during the week, was pretty quiet, the weekend was very busy and SO MUCH FUN! My Monday through Friday was normal. I got in great exercise, but snacked too much. Saturday was busy from sun up to sun down. My daughter danced in her annual recital. That evening she had her Junior Prom, so we went straight from recital to hair appointment to makeup appointment. Unfortunately, it was POURING rain, so we invited all six girls and their families into our home for photos. I also played chauffeur so the girls wouldn’t have to walk far in the rain. I went out for dinner with some other moms after that!
Then Sunday was a once-in-a-lifetime day. My girlfriend and I drove our daughters and their friends to Gillette Stadium to see Taylor Swift. Words cannot describe what an amazing performance the entire show was. The music was amazing (especially if you are a fan), spanning all 10 albums and 17 years of her career. She sang, danced, played piano and guitar for nearly 3.5 hours. The stage and props were incredible. I was so happy to be able to experience this with my daughter.
Weight: I wasn’t home for my weigh-in on Monday, but if I average Sunday and Tuesday’s weight, I stayed the same this week.
Goals: I did really well with my movement and stretching, despite not being home on Saturday and Sunday. Of course, I burned a lot of calories walking and dancing at the concert. I continue to struggle with my post-dinner snacking.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for May:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 1/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+1,864 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 3 days (5 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.