Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 3 – July 9, 2023):
The week started with a couple days off for everyone, and despite the rain, we still had our annual friends/neighbors get together on the 4th of July. I did try to make some good choices that day by having a small breakfast and lunch. However, the amount I ate and drank from mid-afternoon until 10:00 PM was a lot. If it weren’t for the 4th, I would have met my calorie goal.
We finally had some sunshine and warm weather, so I spent time at the beach on multiple days. It FINALLY feels like summer. I also continued to exercise, even with the heat. It was a pretty great start to my summer time off.
Weight: I stayed the same this week, and I’m calling it a huge win!
Goals: I didn’t do quite as well as as the previous week, but still good. I walked a couple days without stretching – and my body let me know!! As I mentioned I was over my calories for the week, but almost 100% of the overage was on one day.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for July:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 4/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+1,344 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 4 days (6.5 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.