Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 10 – July 16, 2023):
Last week was busy but also a “time for me” week. It started with a college visit for my daughter. It was very rainy, but still a good visit. The campus was beautiful (right on the ocean!) and they have a good program for her chosen course of study. Later that week, I got my hair cut and colored, teeth cleaned at the dentist, a pedicure, and a facial (not all in one day!). I also had breakfast with a good friend I hadn’t seen in a few months. The work week ended with a lovely date night with my husband.
Weight: I stayed the same this week (down 0.1 pounds), and I’m okay with that, because I’m building better eating habits and it should help in the long run.
Goals: I actually met all my goals last week! At first I was frustrated that it didn’t translate to a big weight loss, but as I mentioned, I need to create better habits and eat less more consistently, so I’m okay building better routines. And I didn’t gain – so that is a good thing!
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for July:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 4/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – YES (+210 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1 days (2 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.