Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 31 – August 6, 2023):
Our family vacation on the lake continue during the end of July and into August. We had a great time boating, playing on the lake, walking to town, shopping, and eating. It was quality family time. But I got lazy with my efforts to walk each day, and just stopped doing it. Some days I still got in a lot of steps and movement, but others I did not.
Weight: I was up 1.8 pounds for the week, which puts the total vacation weight gain at almost 4 pounds.
Goals: I didn’t do all that well during the second half of my vacation. I stopped walking and continued to overeat. Once I get home, I’ll need to get back on track.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for August:
Although the last couple weeks have not been the best, I know that my goals mostly work, if I stick to them, as evident for most of July. So in August, I want to tweak my goals just a bit, to help me lose/maintain healthier weight/habits. I up’ed the number of days I need to be under my caloric intake from 2 to 3 and lowered the weekly caloric excess from 750 to 500 calories.
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 2/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 0/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+7,678 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 5 days (7 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.