Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (August 7 – August 13, 2023):
Well, even though I was back from vacation, I didn’t get back on track like I wanted. The first part of the week was just trying to catch up with emails, blogging, laundry, etc. Then I had some fun later in the week. My daughter and I went to see the Barbie movie with a friend. I enjoyed the movie – found it pretty funny. Then on Friday, a group of us went whale watching. It was an amazing day and we got several great peeks at humpback whales (also a finback whale). Saturday was a nearly perfect weather day, and I enjoyed several hours just sitting at the beach with my friend.
Weight: I was down a half of a pound for the week.
Goals: I didn’t do as well as I wanted coming off of vacation, especially with my eating. I ate a lot of extra snacks and multiple desserts, just like I was still on vacation. I started the week keeping up with my movement and stretching, but as the week went on, I got lazy.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for August:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 1/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+4,345 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 4 days (5 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.