Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (July 24 – July 30, 2023):
The front end of last week was busy with getting things done around the house and packing for vacation. We left Thursday July 27, early for the airport and will be spending just over a week at my folks’ home on a lake in Michigan. My sister and her family arrived late Friday. Our vacation so far (Thursday – Sunday) has been lovely. The sun has been out and we are spending a lot of time on the dock and in the water. I managed to finish a wonderful audiobook on the plane ride and have been reading most days. I did get in some exercise (plus all the steps back and forth to the lake!), but my eating and snacking has been “bad.”
Weight: I was up 2.1 pounds for the week, but down 0.9 pounds for the month of July.
Goals: I thought calories didn’t count on vacation?! Just kidding. I knew I’d overeat/drink… I just hoped it wouldn’t have been this much.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for July:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 2 days. – 2/2 days
- Be no more than 750 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – NO (+3,444 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1 days (3 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.