Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (September 11 – September 17, 2023):
Oops… If you read an early version of this, you would have read last week’s update. Sorry about that!
Last week (starting Sept. 11th) was a pretty quiet week. Hubs and I working and Girl at school (Boy is at college). Girl’s dance also started back up. So routine it was! Which helped me make better choices when eating. The weekend was pretty low key. I had my first Girl Scout meeting of the school year – these girls are 12th grade seniors! I can’t believe how fast the time has gone.
Weight: I was down 1.4 pounds for the week.
Goals: Another improved week and the scale showed the results. I was able to exercise and stretch. I made better food choices and limited alcoholic beverages.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for August:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 7/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 3/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – No (+974 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2 days (3 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.