Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 2 – October 8, 2023):
Last week was pretty low key during the week. I continued my chauffeur duties as my friend’s daughter still wasn’t able to drive. I got my hair cut and colored on Thursday, and I love having it all blown out (I have curly hair). My son came home Friday evening (he’s in college about 3 hours away). He has fall break and will be returning Oct. 11th (did return by the time this posts). I cooked a turkey for our church’s annual Turkey Dinner fundraiser and our house smelled delicious. Saturday was an amazing Girls’ Day with three of my friends. We drove to a resort town about 2 hours away and had an amazing foot soak (SO RELAXING), went out to lunch, and enjoyed some retail therapy before returning home. On Sunday, my daughter and I got both our flu and covid vaccinations. My afternoon was topped off with a great (and passionate) Read Along book chat.
Weight: I was down 0.1 pounds for the week.
Goals: I actually did a pretty good job with my goals last week. I ate responsibly all week and only had two alcoholic drinks. I walked and stretched most days. I also think my new watch has acclimated to my body because the days I did exercise, I was able to close my “move ring.” I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t lose more weight, but that’s better than going up!
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for August:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 3/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – No (+518 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week).– 1 days (2 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.