Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 9 – October 15, 2023):
My son continued to be home Monday – Wednesday. We celebrated his 20th birthday with family and food. On Wednesday, my boss bought us all lunch for a staff meeting, and I tried to “be good,” but instead of bringing home half of the meal, I overate! Thursday was all about running errands and Friday was work. Saturday, we took my daughter to her first choice college for their open house. I’m happy to say she (and we) still loves it. She even got a sweatshirt from the bookstore. I’m excited for her as she goes through this process. The week ended with some volunteer work with my Girl Scouts and watching the Patriots lose again.
Weight: I stayed the same weight.
Goals: I did well with moving and stretching, but not with my calories and alcoholic beverages. Too many fun things going on.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for October:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 1/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – No (+2,215 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 4 days (6 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.