Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 16 – October 22, 2023):
My week from Monday – Thursday was pretty normal; I did visit with some friends Wednesday evening. On Friday, my husband and I headed south to visit my son at college, which is about 3 hours (no traffic) away. My parents, en route from Michigan to Florida, stopped as well. We took my son out to a delicious dinner at a steak house on Friday. On Saturday, we attended his Clinical Initial Ceremony, which was a short celebration celebrating the sophomore nursing students as they prepare to start their clinicals next semester. For those who may not know – nursing students spend clinical time on rotations at different facilities (hospitals, medical centers, the VA, nursing homes, etc.) where they get hands on experience as part of their classwork. It’s a very exciting transition from all class work to in-place work. On Sunday, we headed back home early, where we hung out with the neighborhood crew to watch football. While my calories were high this week, I actually did make some good food choices and got in extra steps, which helped me lose some weight.
Weight: I lost 0.5 pounds.
Goals: I did well with moving and stretching, but not with my calories and alcoholic beverages. Too many fun things going on.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for October:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 1/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – No (+3,776 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 4 days (6 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.