Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (October 30 – November 5, 2023):
Last week started with Halloween, and we had a lot of leftovers, so you can imagine where the extra candy is going! I had two conferences for work last week, both came with snacks and a meal. I also went to a volunteer meeting and someone brought the world’s best chocolate chip cookies! I couldn’t help myself. I went out to dinner on Friday and then on Saturday, we celebrated a friend’s birthday by going out to dinner and then to see Taylor Swift’s Eras movie. It was a fun celebration and I enjoyed revisiting the concert after attending in person back in May. While it didn’t have quite the same energy, it was still amazing to see her perform. Sunday ended with an extra hour in bed and a football watching party with the neighbors.
Weight: I gained 0.6 pounds last week.
Goals: Well, I thought I was doing good last week, but by the end of the week, I realized I was sneaking in too many sweets and that was undoing other good choices. I was also on the road and busy a lot, so I did shorter walks, without stretching. My body was screaming at me by the weekend – I need to stretch!
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for October:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 1/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 0/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – No (+2,427 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2 days (2 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.