Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (November 6 – November 12, 2023):
Last week started with a trip to Boston for my daughter’s annual doctor visits. I can’t believe it’s almost been a year since her back surgery! The appointments all went smoothly and we stopped for Chick-Fil-A on the way home (we don’t have any near us). My daughter and I went to see The Marvels movie on Thursday (opening night) and shared a large buttered popcorn! We were all off on Friday in honor of Veteran’s Day, and we took it easy. Saturday we did yard work and Sunday we enjoyed a homemade brunch with the neighbors as we watched the Patriots lose another game. That evening we also went to my in-laws to celebrate both my husband’s and brother-in-law’s birthdays. So Sunday was a big calorie day and a big part of the reason I was up in weight.
Weight: I gained again last week, up 0.7 pounds.
Goals: Overall, I actually did pretty good, but I just ate too much, especially on Sunday.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for November:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 2/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – No (+2,291 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 1 days (2 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.