Welcome to #FitReaders2023!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I will post my weekly check-in posts on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (November 13 – November 19, 2023):
Last week was a pretty normal week. Normally I work from home, but I went to the office on Wednesday. It was good to see my boss and coworkers in person. I also went to a Sip and Shop Local event in town. Although I didn’t find any good gifts, it was fun hanging out with my friends for a bit. Saturday was fair day in town, and I worked at our church’s fair. We serve lunch and I was a waitress. I also picked up a couple cute items that I’ll either keep or may give as gifts. The Patriots didn’t play this weekend (so they didn’t lose!), which means no neighborhood get together. This helped keep my calorie count down for certain! We had take-out a few nights, but because I made good choices during the day, I was still within my goal.
Weight: I was down 1.3 pounds, which is what I gained the two weeks prior, so I’m glad – plus good to be down going into Thanksgiving!
Goals: I’m really pleased with how I did last week, and it felt like I had a really good balance.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for November:
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 6/5 days
- Be under my DAILY caloric intake maximum on at least 3 days. – 4/3 days
- Be no more than 500 calories over my total calorie consumption goal each week. – Yes (+356 cals)
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week (for a total of 4 servings per week). – 2 days (3 servings)
My overall goals for 2023 are:
- To maintain a healthy weight and not exceed my January 1st weight. I will do with through healthy eating and exercise. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To add yoga and add meditation to my weekly routine. I will do this with the Peloton app, with a goal of yoga at least one time per week. I will do this with the Apple Watch Breathe app, with a goal of a short breathing meditation every day.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.