Welcome to #FitReaders2024!! Felicia and I are excited to co-host this fitness-oriented group. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I post my weekly check-ins on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 1 – January 7, 2024):
How did one week of the new year go by already (and by the time you read this, nearly two weeks!)? New Year’s Day was relaxing – I didn’t do much except watch my alma mater win the Rose Bowl. I’m a University of Michigan grad and life-long fan. It was such an exciting game. I got back to work and volunteering duties on Wednesday. I also started planning our European trip (scheduling for September). Friday, I went out with some mom friends and took down Christmas decorations on Saturday. Sunday we had our first big snow storm in a couple of years. We ended up getting over a foot of snow on Sunday. I vegged all day!
As I mentioned last week, this mouth I’m seeing how I do eating when I don’t track my food. While I was down nearly three pounds, that was the amount of weight I gained during the holidays, so I can’t say that not tracking is a good or bad thing. I do notice that I’m apt to “not care” about portion sizes since I don’t have to figure out the calories and track it. I need to pay more attention to my body being full.
Weight: I lost 2.8 pounds
Goals: I started getting back into a routine, although the snow storm knocked me out one day. I even though I didn’t make my goals, I’m happy that I stretched every day I walked.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for January:
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. -4/5 days
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 4/5 days
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week. – 1 day
My thoughts and goals for 2024:
Looking back at 2023, I realize that I struggle with my caloric intake, regardless if I monitor and track my food. I am up 8.5 pounds from January 1, 2023, and 12.4 pounds from January 1, 2022. Two years ago I wanted to lose five pounds. Now I just don’t want to gain more. I want to lose weight, but I am generally not willing to drastically alter my eating habits. Does tracking still help? Will I go “out of control” if I don’t track? Can I learn to eat until comfortable and not overeat? These are all hard questions and I’ll experiment a bit in January.
I definitely want to and need to continue my walking and stretching. I know I should add yoga and/or light weights, but again, I find I’m not willing to make those changes at this time.
During 2024 I plan:
- To maintain my January 1st weight. I will do with through exercise and making adjustments to my caloric intake. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To move. I will do this primarily via walking, four to seven days per week. I also need to stretch most/all of the days I exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.