Welcome to #FitReaders2024!! Felicia and I are excited to co-host this fitness-oriented group. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
Most of our support is done via our Facebook Group. I post my weekly check-ins on Fridays, as it helps me be accountable. You are welcome to do your own check-in posts, check in below, in the comments, or check in with the Facebook group – whatever works for you!
I check in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind.
Last Week (January 29 – February 4, 2024):
I had a pretty good week last week. I was able to get in walks and stretching and felt much better. My husband was out of town all week, so it was just my daughter and me at home. We tended to have a few more snacks than usual, and having yummy cookies at home has been a bit problematic. I went out for dinner with the girls on Friday and had a couple of beverages and definitely overate. Sunday was an all-day college visit to one of my girl’s top 2 choices. We had a great day.
Weight: Stayed the same.
Goals: I felt pretty good last week. I know I overate (eating past the point of feeling full) a couple of times and grabbed a cookie twice when I didn’t feel hungry. I enjoyed getting out and walking and need to make sure I do most days. I just feel better.
Don’t forget to join the Facebook Group and check in with us there!
Goals for February:
- Close all three “rings” in Apple Watch, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Stretch for 10 minutes 5 days per week. – 5/5 days
- Limit alcohol intake to 2 days per week. – 1 day
During 2024 I plan:
- To maintain my January 1st weight. I will do with through exercise and making adjustments to my caloric intake. I don’t have to be perfect, but I do need to make a true effort.
- To move. I will do this primarily via walking, four to seven days per week. I also need to stretch most/all of the days I exercise.
- To remain an active member of FitReaders and support my fellow members. I will do this by actively participating in the FitReader Facebook Group and continuing to share my journey with my weekly check-in on the blog.